Speedy Simon - A Sidescroller Adventure Game
Welcome to Speedy Simon - the sidescroller adventure game!
Help Speedy Simon free his homeworld from a set of invaders and
The game is still under development, however, it is completely playable and
currently provides about three complete levels. There is a level editor, too, so creating
your own levels becomes easy and convenient!
So far, the game has only been tested on current Linux systems. The system requirements
are as follows:
- A reasonably current Linux system (or, probably, Unix-like system).
- An installed development system (compiler, header files, etc.). Most distributions
should offer the option to install development stuff in their respective package manager.
- The development packages of libSDL and
libSDLImage must be installed. If they
are not part of your distribution, you will find them at the above links.
- For the level editor, you need an installed QT development system as well. Also, the level editor
only works if the game is installed.
|How can I help?|
Speedy Simon is still under development! What needs doing? This is an incomplete
list, feel free to send me an e-mail if you can think of something else.
- Most importantly, there is no game music yet, neither are there sounds.
I don't know how to create them, so if you can help here, this is the
one most important thing to do!
- The design is the next great issue. In particular, Speedy Simon is not yet animated
and might need a good brush-up as well. We also need more tilesets, trinkets and
toys, enemies and extra goodies.
- You can use the level editor to create some new, great levels!
- If you don't have time for any of these things, you can still be a tester for
Speedy Simon. Try out the game and tell me what you think. If you find bugs,
you can help me a lot be sending a bug report.
- Finally, if you'd like to work on the homepage for this project, I'd be more than happy
to give this task to you!
This website is hosted by .